Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Time Blues

I have been a TERRIBLE blogger.
I know this.
But basically, it's HOT...
and I am officially
OVER summer.
OVER IT.

And this tends to happen when fall pieces start making their way into my favorite boutiques...
It gives me the itch to break out my boots
and fabulous cozy attire,
Plant pansies and mums (when did I become old?!?!),
 Watch my Crimson Tide on Saturdays...
It's my favorite time of year...
And that mayyyyy or may not have anything to do with my birthday annnnnnd one year wedding anniversary rapidly approaching...
Orrrrr a few get-a-ways to Chicago, Vegas, and Canada in my near future...

So as I anxiously await for the crisp fall air to make it's way to South Louisiana,
(Don't worry...I'm not holding my breath...)
here's a little recap of our summer
(or what I actually managed to document inbetween complaints about the insane heat)

We went to SanDestin for the 4th with my family.
We had a BLAST eating, drinking, sunning and visiting...
 We roadtripped it to Houston and came home with this...
 I grew up basically next door to the Mercedes plant in Vance, where the ML 350 is made.
I LOVE this car.
I have ALWAYS loved this car...
(well,
atleast since Justin Timberlake bought one for his 18th birthday...)
We had a paint party at Cork's and Canvas
for Mr. Ken's Birthday...
our teacher did NOT appreciate my deep choice of colors...
she would probably die if she ever saw my purple hallway...
 
And I finnnnnnally finished Lila's door hanger for the hospital
(yet ANOTHER reason to want fall to get here,
we get to meet our 3rd niece on September 20th)...
I had procrastinated on this much like I had this blog,
but I took a walk down memory lane remembering
 how sweet Owen made his grand entrance to the world...
and the chaotic trip to Covington that followed.
So needless to say, I got on board...

5 more days untill Alabama football y'all.

Have a great week!

No comments: