Thursday, April 28, 2011

Alabama The Beautiful

Yesterday afternoon, this tornado hit my beloved Tuscaloosa, Alabama.....
Much of the city, as well as Pleasant Grove, Birmingham, Cullman, Huntsville, etc. suffered horrific damage and loss. My family is all safe, unharmed, with no damage.... they were the lucky ones. Many of my friends were not as blessed.... stories of loss, both property and life are flooding facebook this morning. Pictures and videos of the devastation are everywhere. I am numb, I'm at a loss for words, and it seems all I can do at this point is cry. Please pray for the Southeast, my home state, and my university.... pray for our friends who lost their homes... pray for the college students who lost their friends, roommates, sisters, and brothers.... pray for Alabama..... Alabama the beautiful....

".......I'll speak my Southern English just as natural as I please. I'm in the Heart of Dixie, Dixie's in the heart of me......My home's in Alabama, no matter where I lay my head. My home's in Alabama, Southern born and Southern bred......" -Alabama

1 comment:

Vicki said...

So devastating! Praying for all who were affected!