Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Valverde Adventures

This past weekend we went here....
for Easter. We haven't been to Alabama since Thanksgiving.... so needless to say I was very verrrrrry excited. Thursday night Kody told me we had to leave super early Friday morning, and that he had a surprise for me in Hattiesburg. Occasionally Koko will plan something for me, and it's always fabulous ..... so I pressed a little for hints, and he told me to just let the surprise happen. Later that night before bed though, he asked me if I knew what was in Hattiesburg. I told him I didn't.... and he then tells me we were going to a farm that sold these....
You are probably thinking.... what a great gift..... that is the cutest puppy ever!!! But no.... see, I have this puppy dog....
....and I have had her for what feels like an eternity.... she has been through EVERYTHING with me....she is my heart.....she does not play well with others.... she does not want a friend. I certainly didn't want a friend for her, as she is pleeeeenty a handful enough for me. So needless to say I was not thrilled with Kody's surprise he had planned.....in all honesty I was UPSETTTTT. This was so unlike my husband for so many reasons, so from Thursday night into Friday morning I pouted and pouted and pouted. I was not a sweet girl. The angrier I got the harder Kody laughed at me. He continued to taunt Annabelle and I until we reached Hattiesburg. He kept telling her to get out of her bed because it belonged to Puddin' now. So sad. Words can't express how mad I was. We pulled off the interstate and into a shopping center and stopped in front of Best Buy. His parents were traveling to the mountains for Easter, so they stopped with us and I get out of the truck HOOOOOOOOOT. My mother-in-law asked me what was wrong with me.... I filled her in and she too started to laugh at me!!! They then tell me that we were in Hattiesburg, NOT to purchase a puppy.... but for this.....
Yayyyyyyyy!!! Soooooo very typical of Kody to get me fired up and then surprise me...story of our lives actually. Sometimes he is seven in a 28 year olds body, but I truly love that and the laughs and adventures it brings. There is never a dull moment in the Valverde household. He is so so sweet.... even when he makes me mad. Although I doubted him and thought he had gone off the deep end, Koko came through again with a fabulous Easter surprise from him and my in-laws. I loooooooove my new toy (as does Kody) and Annabelle and I are much relieved that we are still a family of three.
The rest of our road trip went much smoother then it started and we had a wonderful visit with my family. We shopped, we visited, we ate until we thought we would pop, and then we celebrated Easter Sunday at one of my favorites places in the world......
The Easter Bunny was fabulous to us once again and we had a very blessed first married Easter..... I hope you and your family had a wonderful and safe holiday as well!

He has risen.... He has risen indeed!!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you were able to go home for a visit!