Friday, December 16, 2011

And Then Came Winter..... Right?


I am confident I should win
the most scattered blog of the year award. 
Goodness.

Last time I was here,
Annabelle was turning the big FIIIIIIVE.
Yikes.
My, has time floooooooown.

Since then,
Kody and I gained a new niece, Lila.
Yayyyyyy!
I turned 28.
Not yay.
Momma Valverde and I have been to Chicago
for a shopping/spa weekend.
Husband Valverde and I went to Vegas for a bolt convention,
aaaand to celebrate the one year anniversary of this FABULOUS occasion.
Kody received the Hall of Fame Award for Athletics
at his high school,
Parkview Baptist.
We spent Thanksgiving in Canada.
aaaaaaand myyyyyyyy Alma Mater,
my sweet Bama
is playing for the National Championship in January!!!
What a Falllllllllll it has been...

Now according to the calendar
it seems we are rapidly approaching Winter...
but doooon't tell Mother Nature
because it feels MUCH more like Spring in South Louisiana.

It's December...
70 degrees and all,
AND
my sweet daddy's birthday...

For which he and my momma
are here in Baton Rouge with Kody and I
to celebrate his day!
What a FAAAAAABULOUS birthday present for all of us!
During this time of year,
there is NOTHING like family...

And speaking of family,
on a much different note...
This sweet little dynamo on the right,
is Mrs. Sharon's 93 year old momma,
Kody's Nana.
Just over 2 weeks ago she suffered a mild stroke,
 that has affected the right side of her body
and parts of her memory.
She was released from the Neuro Hospital this past Tuesday,
and is now back home,
with full time care.
Needless to say,
it has been a hard few weeks.
Nana is such a strong and independent woman.
At 93 years old,
she still lives alone, drives, cooks, gardens...
I could go on and on.
This stroke is attempting to take that independence away,
and has given Nana a harder time then she deserves.
She continues to take baby steps of improvement every day,
and we will continue to love on her
and be her biggest cheerleaders.
Please pray for Nana
as she constantly fights to get better.
Pray for her doctors,
her therapists,
her caregivers,
Mrs. Sharon,
our Uncle Rhett,
and the rest of our family.
We LOVE our Nana,
we love her strength,
and we want her to be able to continue
to live her life to the fullest.

I hope your Fall was as blessed and action packed as ours was,
and that you are enjoying the spirit and happiness of this Christmas season.

While I fully intend on at least ooooooone more 2011 blog,
as crazy and scattered as I can be...
if it DOESN'T happen...
please have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas
and wonderful New Year!!!

XOXO

No comments: